A lot of people still use google result number for analyzing competitor for SEO purpose. But it’s pain in the ass to do it manually or even you hire virtual assistant (VA) to help you. It takes time and you will face captcher to slow you down.
I finally found the way to grab result numbers from Google Automatically.
What you need
- Scrapebox – It costs $97 for one time fee. No recurring payment. I bought this tool 6 years ago, stop using it for 3 years and I still can use it today.
- Private proxy – Need it to prevent getting captcher. I recommend to start with 10 proxies. If you have a lot of list to run. You may need more. You can get private proxy from provider below.
Can we use rotating proxy?
Since we need 100% success rate on this. Rotating proxy is not going to give you this. It will give you about 10-30% success rate. Believe me. I tried it before and I had to upgrade to private proxy.
How to scrape result number from google
- Prepare your list of keyword or list that you want. For example, I want allintitle result number. Prepare your list like this and save them as txt file.
- Install Scrapebox and it.
- Add proxies to Scrapebox. In this picture, I use 10 proxies.
- Go to Addons à show available Addons at the top menu.
- Install Scrapebox Google Competition Finder
- Open Scrapebox Google Competition Finder that you just installed.
- Import keyword file that you have made in step 1
- Set connections to 1 and delay to 30 seconds. This will make each proxy to run only once every 5 minutes. I don’t get captcher at all with this setting. If you want to speed it up. You may need to buy more proxies.
- That’s all. Enjoy!